I was super fortunate enough to go to the Prabal Gurung Fall 2013 RTW show yesterday and it was such an amazing experience!!! Also stood 2 feet away from the first lady of the Ruff Ryders -EVE at the show!!!! /shamelessly took a photo of her 2 feet away.
Definitely had a “omgggg what the fuck do I wear” dilemma the night before and the fact that there was a blizzard in NYC didn’t help. Regardless of weather difficulties, I trekked through Nemo all the way to the west side in my “snow boots” (aka the only heels I have with rubber soles) and prayed to the fashion gods that my outfit was worthy of a Scott Schuman/The Sartorialist photo.
I thought the military inspired collection was Prabal’s best fall collection ever and everything looked super wearable yet beautiful, elegant, and very Prabal. My favorite looks were the first few olive looks, the amazing navy peplum jacket and pants with red floral embroidery, the red dress on Liu Wen, and the closing long sleeved navy dress. So sad you can’t see the back of the clothes because they were just as stunning as the front. Obsessed with so many elements from the collection.
1) The leather harnesses over the jackets and dresses -I’ve been looking for the perfect leather harness FOREVER. (Trying to get my hands on the white one from BCBG MaxAzria Spring 2013 collection.)
2) The shoes were so killer – the gold plated booties and thigh high gladiator heels were unreal.
3) The color palette consisted of all my favorite colors – Navy, Red, Olive, and of course Black.
4) The jackets with the peplum details were phenomenal especially with the fur accents.
5) Loved all the cut out details on the shoulders and sides of the dresses and knits.
6) The hair and makeup was also perfect. The windblown/messy buns complimented the clothes perfectly.
7) Can’t go wrong with a leather dress -duh.